If you haven’t already, I highly suggest taking “The 5 Love Languages” quiz here. Gary Chapman’s 5 Love Languages include Acts of Service, Quality Time, Words of Affirmation, Physical Touch and Receiving Gifts. If quarantine has taught me anything, it’s that we can show others how much we love them in many different ways (even from a distance). It’s really important to show people how much they mean to us, even when we can’t see them or hug them.
I wanted to share some of the things I’ve been doing to show others love (from a safe distance) as well as what others have done for me.
- Group video chats/phone calls (take time to listen: we all have more time on our hands so really make sure you engage and are fully present in your phone or video call conversations)
- Streaming movies/shows or listening to podcasts virtually with friends
- Send a hand written letter in the mail
- Order a surprise gift online and have it shipped to a loved one
- Buy groceries or run errands for someone
- Bake or cook something and drop it off at someone’s front door to surprise them
- Organize a car parade for a special occasion
- Socially distant hangout or walk
- Book/magazine exchange
- Create a playlist with songs to send for a loved one to enjoy
- Send/bring someone flowers or a plant
- Leave a positive note on someone’s car
Here’s a s’mores kit I ordered online from XO Marshmallow for a socially distant hangout!