Ever have those days that seem like you just can’t catch a break? You wake up feeling rushed and are in a hurry to get to your destination on time. I’m sharing a few tips to help relieve unnecessary stress (let’s face it, we can all shed some stress from our lives).
- Pick out your outfit the night before work. This is a big one for me! I feel more put-together when my outfit is picked out and I can get ready in the morning with ease.
- Unplug before bed. Give yourself 30 minutes to an hour before bed to stop scrolling through social media and let your mind (and eyes) rest before sleeping.
- Spend 5 minutes in the morning to yourself. Set your alarm clock 5 minutes earlier and be still. I like to sit in the dark with my oil diffuser on and enjoy the quietness before starting my day. It’s also a great time to meditate or get in some stretching.
- Breathing exercises. Spend time throughout your day taking deep breaths. Set reminders on your phone to take deep breaths (I like to count to 4 on my inhalations & exhalations). Release your tongue from the roof of your mouth. Relax your shoulders away from your ears. Unclench your jaw. Just let go of tension in your body.
- Drink water. Staying hydrated can keep your stress levels down. Enough said.
- Get your body moving. Get up and stretch, go for a walk or workout. Do something to clear your mind and get any built up tension out.
Have any tips you want to share for stress relief? Comment below!