Here we are yet again. Another year has flown by and we are getting ready to welcome 2020. Whether you’ve been ready to kiss 2019 goodbye for awhile now or maybe you want time to slow down because you had a great year, this is the perfect opportunity to reflect on what this year has brought you.
Every month, I’m all about intention setting and filling your life with more things that serve you and trying to eliminate (or cope with) those things that don’t. In preparation for the new year, I am looking back at what 2019 brought me (the good, the bad and the ugly) and what I’ve learned from every situation. I hope you’ll join me in reflecting on 2019 and taking some time to appreciate where you are in life, knowing that it’s right where you’re supposed to be.
As always, I’ve put together some food-for-thought questions that can also be used as journal prompts.
- What is something good that happened to me this year?
- What is something that was difficult for me this year?
- How did I grow this year?
- What is something I accomplished this year? (Don’t be hard on yourself here. I don’t care if you cuddled with your dog more. Everyone’s accomplishments look different.
- What is something I would like to leave behind in 2019?
- What is something I would like to do more of in the new year?
- What is something I did for myself in 2019?
- What is something I will do for myself in the new year?
Photography by: Kimberly Rensburg Photography
Outfit: bodysuit from American Eagle, skirt from Express, jacket from T.J. Maxx, necklace from H&M and shoes from Sam Edelman.
Happy new year!
2 thoughts on “Celebrate 2019”
I love a great end of the year recap and goal setting exercise around this time of the year.
I always like to think of it this way: If we focus on improving ourselves just 1% every day, we’ll be more than 350% better/healthier/stronger/etc. than we are today at this time next year.
That’s a great way to look at it! Thanks so much for sharing.